One of my kids is being bullied. I can't go into it much at the moment as obviously some things can't be talked about in detail on a blog that the whole world can read.
The bullying has started off as petty name calling, then it moved to pushing and shoving. It's now moved through kicking to stabbing him in the hand with a pencil. OK it was in itself not a bad wound and it soon healed over. However, at what point along that list did it move from horseplay to bullying?
A lot of people must sit there everyday and wonder this very same thing. It doesn't have to be in school either. It could be a neighbour with threatening advances, a work colleague or a member of your family. We won't go into incest/child abuse type things here, that's a whole new ball game I cannot and won't have anything to do with...as yet!
Bullying in school includes:
- People calling you names
- Making things up to get you into trouble
- Hitting, pinching, biting, pushing and shoving
- Taking things away from you
- Damaging your belongings
- Stealing your money
- Taking your friends away from you
- Spreading rumours
- Threats and intimidation
- Making silent or abusive phone calls
- Sending you offensive phone texts
- Posting insulting messages on the internet or by IM
- Bullies can also frighten you so that you don't want to go to school, so that you pretend to be ill to avoid them.
Try this link in the first instance and if your child is being bullied...then good luck!
Bullying...lets stamp it out NOW!!